She just wanted to keep her man home
SANTIAGO, Chile (AP) - February 8, 2011 (WPVI) -- A Chilean woman says she did it for love.
According to authorities in Santiago, the woman has confessed to making a bomb threat to keep her man at home.
Her live-in boyfriend was about to fly to Spain for a months-long job as a cruise ship waiter.
The plane was already taxiing down the tarmac.
It was ordered to a remote area of the airport and the passengers were taken off the jetliner.
The woman says she's sorry but it appears to have worked.
Her boyfriend has decided to stay in Chile, where the couple has three kids.
chile, air travel, airline security, bomb scare, dumb criminals, bizarre bazaar
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain 54 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Phila. police seek missing special needs woman
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip 59 min ago
- 2 NJ men sentenced for bogus 9/11 charity 50 min ago
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N. Phila.
- Woman's body found between parked cars in West Philadelphia
- Doors smashed in 2 Prices Corner store burglaries
- Missing Philadelphia couple found safe
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
54 min ago