$10,000 wedding ring flushed down toilet
CRANBERRY TWP., Pa. - February 17, 2011 (WPVI) -- A Pennsylvania woman had a stressful Valentine's Day when she accidentally flushed her $10,000 dollar wedding ring down the toilet.
Kristen Kalis told her husband, and for some reason he wasn't all that upset.
She then called a series of plumbers. Every one told her the ring would never be found. Except the last one she called.
That plumber, Steve Cirigliano, showed up and went to work.
"I was thinking the chances were slim but I was going to give it my all to try to get it for her," Cirigliano said.
So, after checking for the ring with a camera didn't spot anything, there was one thing left to do... suck out everything with a vacuum.
He went to the main sewer trap outside, lowered the hose and turned on his ShopVac.
"Stuck the ShopVac down through here. It's about four feet deep. Sucked it all out. After all the water was drained out, unplugged the ShopVac, took off the lid, dumped the water out and there was the ring."
"I'm like screaming and yelling outside," Kalis said. "I'm hugging him. I'm telling him that I love him. I was just so, so happy."
pennsylvania, weddings, jewelry, bizarre bazaar
- 3 frigid days, another weekend storm 34 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- On video: Robber dives thru window, attacks clerk
- Woman killed in Germantown was Villanova prof.
- Limo driver charged in wreck that killed newlyweds
- Pa. girl, 18, survives bear attack 28 min ago
- Man shot, killed on Kensington street
- Cab driver carjacked in South Philadelphia
- Mega Millions jackpot climbs; $1M ticket sold in NJ 34 min ago
- Pope Francis 'Person of the Year'; popularity surges 53 min ago
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial 56 min ago
- Photos: Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013 (Photos)
- 3 frigid days, another weekend storm
34 min ago
- Katherine Scott reports on bitter cold...
45 min ago
- Pope Francis 'Person of the Year';...
53 min ago