You can even find your stolen stuff on Craigslist
FAIRFAX, Va. (AP) - February 15, 2011 (WPVI) -- You can find a lot of bargains on Craigslist.
But a suburban Washington man says he found his stolen stuff posted in an online ad.
Fairfax County, Virginia, police say the man had two GPS navigation devices taken from his car.
He had been checking Craigslist and found a posting that looked familiar.
According to authorities, the victim arranged to meet the seller at a doughnut shop.
The man called police after recognizing the GPS unit.
Authorities have charge Patrick Hayward with receiving and buying stolen goods.
virginia, robbery, craigslist, dumb criminals, bizarre bazaar
- Man critically injured in Willingboro hit, run
- Tracking St. Patty's Day Snow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Focus turns to pilots as hunt for jet widens
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc.
- Bucks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- Delaware Co. mother seeks help finding son's killer
- Minn. man pulls police officer from burning car
- Delaware man charged with 12th DUI
- Del. trooper charged with stalking, harassment
- Community relief for victims of Ewing Twp. explosion
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies