You can even find your stolen stuff on Craigslist
FAIRFAX, Va. (AP) - February 15, 2011 (WPVI) -- You can find a lot of bargains on Craigslist.
But a suburban Washington man says he found his stolen stuff posted in an online ad.
Fairfax County, Virginia, police say the man had two GPS navigation devices taken from his car.
He had been checking Craigslist and found a posting that looked familiar.
According to authorities, the victim arranged to meet the seller at a doughnut shop.
The man called police after recognizing the GPS unit.
Authorities have charge Patrick Hayward with receiving and buying stolen goods.
virginia, robbery, craigslist, dumb criminals, bizarre bazaar
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Record Weekend Warmth
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- 1 dead after car plunges into lake in Vineland
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
Press Your Luck
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos