Vt. woman crowned nation's top grocery bagger
BURLINGTON, Vt. (AP) - February 16, 2011 (WPVI) -- A Vermont woman has been crowned the nation's top grocery bagger.
Twenty-four-year-old Krystal Smith of Burlington won the award and the $10,000 prize at the 2011 U.S. Best Bagger National Championship in Las Vegas.
On Monday, Smith beat 21 competitors by filling three grocery bags in 38 seconds at the Mirage Hotel.
The Burlington Free Press says contestants are judged on their ability to bag grocery staples including bread, milk, eggs and canned goods and on their bag-building technique, weight distribution, style, attitude and appearance.
Smith has worked for eight years at Hannaford Supermarket.
vermont, food, bizarre bazaar
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera 2 min ago
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ