Vt. woman crowned nation's top grocery bagger
BURLINGTON, Vt. (AP) - February 16, 2011 (WPVI) -- A Vermont woman has been crowned the nation's top grocery bagger.
Twenty-four-year-old Krystal Smith of Burlington won the award and the $10,000 prize at the 2011 U.S. Best Bagger National Championship in Las Vegas.
On Monday, Smith beat 21 competitors by filling three grocery bags in 38 seconds at the Mirage Hotel.
The Burlington Free Press says contestants are judged on their ability to bag grocery staples including bread, milk, eggs and canned goods and on their bag-building technique, weight distribution, style, attitude and appearance.
Smith has worked for eight years at Hannaford Supermarket.
vermont, food, bizarre bazaar
- Multi-alarm fire at NJ apartment complex 12 min ago
- Lots of sun, chilly today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of damage from Tuesday's storm 18 min ago
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp. 17 min ago
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Driver loses control, hits parked SUV in South Philly
- Free coffee as Wawa celebrates 50th
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston Marathon
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster 24 min ago
- Police: Pedestrian struck and killed in...
4 min ago
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
17 min ago
Press Your Luck
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos