Vt. woman crowned nation's top grocery bagger
BURLINGTON, Vt. (AP) - February 16, 2011 (WPVI) -- A Vermont woman has been crowned the nation's top grocery bagger.
Twenty-four-year-old Krystal Smith of Burlington won the award and the $10,000 prize at the 2011 U.S. Best Bagger National Championship in Las Vegas.
On Monday, Smith beat 21 competitors by filling three grocery bags in 38 seconds at the Mirage Hotel.
The Burlington Free Press says contestants are judged on their ability to bag grocery staples including bread, milk, eggs and canned goods and on their bag-building technique, weight distribution, style, attitude and appearance.
Smith has worked for eight years at Hannaford Supermarket.
vermont, food, bizarre bazaar
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Temps Soar 17 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery 3 min ago
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- 1 dead after car plunges into lake in Vineland 25 min ago
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
- Temps Soar
17 min ago