Calling Doctor Watson
February 17, 2011 (WPVI) -- So, if Watson is so smart -- why isn't he a doctor?
Well, he soon will be.
Watson is the IBM computer program that beat two "Jeopardy! champions this week.
Now, two hospitals have signed up to test the technology.
Eliot Siegel is a professor at the University of Maryland School of Medicine.
He says Watson could help diagnose patients by scouring medical journals.
But Siegel says Watson will need some tweaking, because often in medicine there's more than one right answer.
Watson will also be tested at Columbia University Medical Center in New York.
computers, jeopardy, bizarre bazaar
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports 50 min ago
- Wintry Weekend 18 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Victim ID'd in deadly Wilmington hit-and-run
- Video released in pizza delivery driver shooting
- Female suspect arrested in Christmas package theft
- Would-be robber stabbed; suspect's mom talks
- Mega Million jackpot reaches $297 Million
- Center City rape victim speaks to Action News
- Elkins Park sisters treated at KoP by Make-a-Wish 41 min ago
- Area medical schools use 'Jeopardy' as learning tool
- Freebie Friday
- Photos: East Passyunk Avenue Tree Lighting Party