Calling Doctor Watson
February 17, 2011 (WPVI) -- So, if Watson is so smart -- why isn't he a doctor?
Well, he soon will be.
Watson is the IBM computer program that beat two "Jeopardy! champions this week.
Now, two hospitals have signed up to test the technology.
Eliot Siegel is a professor at the University of Maryland School of Medicine.
He says Watson could help diagnose patients by scouring medical journals.
But Siegel says Watson will need some tweaking, because often in medicine there's more than one right answer.
Watson will also be tested at Columbia University Medical Center in New York.
computers, jeopardy, bizarre bazaar
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend 9 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark, Del.
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested 35 min ago
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Is it time for smart watches?
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew...
35 min ago
- Shelter Me: Voorhees Animal Orphanage
26 min ago