Calling Doctor Watson
February 17, 2011 (WPVI) -- So, if Watson is so smart -- why isn't he a doctor?
Well, he soon will be.
Watson is the IBM computer program that beat two "Jeopardy! champions this week.
Now, two hospitals have signed up to test the technology.
Eliot Siegel is a professor at the University of Maryland School of Medicine.
He says Watson could help diagnose patients by scouring medical journals.
But Siegel says Watson will need some tweaking, because often in medicine there's more than one right answer.
Watson will also be tested at Columbia University Medical Center in New York.
computers, jeopardy, bizarre bazaar
- Photos: AccuWeather Maps: Snow arrives tonight 31 min ago
- Snow will turn the ground white again! 32 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Delaware man suspected in 14 different thefts
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- 1 wounded in Lakewood drive-by shooting
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids
- Snow will turn the ground white again!
32 min ago