Councilman wants to rename Pennsylvania Avenue
WASHINGTON (AP) - February 24, 2011 (WPVI) -- A D.C. Council member wants to highlight the city's lack of statehood and is asking residents to pick another name for Pennsylvania Avenue.
Among the options on the online survey are Let D.C. Vote Way, 51st State Way and Free D.C. Avenue.
Council member Michael Brown is considering a ceremonial renaming and the sign could be placed under existing markers for Pennsylvania Avenue, which is home to the White House.
The survey also asks residents whether other Washington streets should be renamed. Washington's 600,000 residents pay federal taxes but do not have a vote in Congress.
washington, d.c., u.s. senate, u.s. house of representatives, president barack obama, bizarre bazaar
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies 24 min ago
- Record Warmth! 19 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish 31 min ago
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing
- Officer shoots, kills Lancaster County man
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- Penn State student dies in jump from garage
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's...
31 min ago
- Record Warmth!
19 min ago