Pa. man arrested at 'going away' party
SCRANTON, Pa. (AP) - February 24, 2011 (WPVI) -- A Pennsylvania man who threw himself a going away party before his sentencing on drug charges was picked up on an outstanding warrant after police saw information about the party posted on flyers and his Facebook page.
Scranton Police Chief Dan Duffy says 28-year-old Keith Cardone was arrested early Wednesday during the party he threw for himself at a Scranton bar.
The Times-Tribune of Scranton reports Cardone is awaiting sentencing for his role in a drug ring that distributed $2.7 million in marijuana and cocaine in the area.
Duffy says two officers spotted ads for Cardone's "Going Away Ba$h" then picked him up on a warrant stemming from another drug charge.
Cardone is being held on $5,000 bail. It was not clear if he had an attorney.
pennsylvania, scranton, dumb criminals, bizarre bazaar
- Photos: Maps of Monday's expected snow
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- 1 critical after being shot multiple times in Wilmington
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Boyd Theatre to be demolished, rebuilt
- Phila. Police search for suspect in Rite Aid robbery
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police