Not everyone can play this lottery
LOS ANGELES (AP) - February 25, 2011 (WPVI) -- It's a pot lottery.
More than 200 medical marijuana collectives have applied to be in a drawing, to select 100 legal dispensaries in L-A.
The lottery is the city's latest attempt to lower the number of dispensaries.
But it's not clear just when the lottery will be held.
The city clerk's office must first review the forms to determine whether the applicants qualify.
City officials say they believe fewer than 135 collectives can meet the medical marijuana requirements.
california, los angeles, medical marijuana, lottery, bizarre bazaar
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies
- 6 apartments destroyed in Wilmington fire
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in East Mt. Airy shooting
- $10K reward posted in Delco murder case
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ