Anyone for iguana tacos?
LAREDO, Texas (AP) - March 2, 2011 (WPVI) -- Longing for some lizard?
U.S. customs officials say they've seized nearly 60 pounds of what's believed to be iguana meat.
The two suspicious ice chests were found on a bus from Mexico bound for Texas.
Authorities say the iguana meat was hidden in corn dough, tamale-style.
Officials put the value of the whole enchilada at nearly 1,600 bucks.
A female passenger was questioned and will be returned to Mexico.
texas, animals, food, smuggling, wildlife preservation, bizarre bazaar
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run 23 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Court won't hear dispute over 'boobies' bracelets
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Are store credit cards worth the discount? 16 min ago
- Video: 85-year-old grandma outsmarts robber
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act