Anyone for iguana tacos?
LAREDO, Texas (AP) - March 2, 2011 (WPVI) -- Longing for some lizard?
U.S. customs officials say they've seized nearly 60 pounds of what's believed to be iguana meat.
The two suspicious ice chests were found on a bus from Mexico bound for Texas.
Authorities say the iguana meat was hidden in corn dough, tamale-style.
Officials put the value of the whole enchilada at nearly 1,600 bucks.
A female passenger was questioned and will be returned to Mexico.
texas, animals, food, smuggling, wildlife preservation, bizarre bazaar
- Photos: 21 suspects ID'd in Collingdale drug sweep
- Foggy, cloudy, mild today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Missing mom, baby from Newark, Del. found
- Sinkhole opens up on Northern Liberties street 24 min ago
- Christmas decoration theft caught on camera
- Attorney: Winston relieved no charges in sex case 46 min ago
- Pizza delivery man shot in Overbrook
- Missing Phila. boy hit by car in Upper Darby
- Chester Co. firefighters called to Md. pet shop fire
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school
- Attack in Center City caught on camera
- Video: Topless woman chases peeper from Kohl's