Ohio DUI suspect drinks in front of cop
ELYRIA, Ohio (AP) - March 4, 2011 (WPVI) -- Police in northern Ohio say a man who was asked during a traffic stop whether he'd been drinking took a swig from an open can of beer and told the officer, "Yes."
According to a local television station, the Elyria police report says 25-year-old Stephen Supers was pulled over early Wednesday because the officer had observed him speeding. The report says that after Supers took the drink in front of the officer he failed a series of field sobriety tests.
Supers is scheduled to appear in court Tuesday on charges including driving under the influence, driving under suspension and possession of marijuana.
A message was left at his home phone number in Elyria on Thursday. Court records do not list his attorney.
ohio, alcohol, DUI, driving, dumb criminals, bizarre bazaar
- Break dancers spark controversy on SEPTA trains
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday 36 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike 54 min ago
- Paulsboro residents warned of contaminated water
- Pit bull found shot in NJ continues to recover 27 min ago
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence 52 min ago
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- 3 injured in 2-alarm fire in Holmesburg
- Students evacuated in Camden H.S. gas leak
- Teen father arrested for biting nose off infant
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
54 min ago
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday
36 min ago