Ohio DUI suspect drinks in front of cop
ELYRIA, Ohio (AP) - March 4, 2011 (WPVI) -- Police in northern Ohio say a man who was asked during a traffic stop whether he'd been drinking took a swig from an open can of beer and told the officer, "Yes."
According to a local television station, the Elyria police report says 25-year-old Stephen Supers was pulled over early Wednesday because the officer had observed him speeding. The report says that after Supers took the drink in front of the officer he failed a series of field sobriety tests.
Supers is scheduled to appear in court Tuesday on charges including driving under the influence, driving under suspension and possession of marijuana.
A message was left at his home phone number in Elyria on Thursday. Court records do not list his attorney.
ohio, alcohol, DUI, driving, dumb criminals, bizarre bazaar
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Lots of sun, chilly today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Lockdown lifted at Pennsbury High School
- Multi-alarm fire at NJ apartment complex 19 min ago
- Western Pa. school reopens after stabbings
- Multiple arrests after fight in bar parking lot
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
- 19-year-old struck, killed in Bordentown ID'd
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Free coffee as Wawa celebrates 50th
- Video: Boy gets stuck in claw arcade game
Press Your Luck
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos