Ohio DUI suspect drinks in front of cop
ELYRIA, Ohio (AP) - March 4, 2011 (WPVI) -- Police in northern Ohio say a man who was asked during a traffic stop whether he'd been drinking took a swig from an open can of beer and told the officer, "Yes."
According to a local television station, the Elyria police report says 25-year-old Stephen Supers was pulled over early Wednesday because the officer had observed him speeding. The report says that after Supers took the drink in front of the officer he failed a series of field sobriety tests.
Supers is scheduled to appear in court Tuesday on charges including driving under the influence, driving under suspension and possession of marijuana.
A message was left at his home phone number in Elyria on Thursday. Court records do not list his attorney.
ohio, alcohol, DUI, driving, dumb criminals, bizarre bazaar
- Suspects tie up 71-year-old in home invasion
- Bitter Blast Thursday
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Worker shocked by electrical cable in East Falls
- Bandit holds up TD Bank in Chestnut Hill
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- American University campus lockdown lifted
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Shooting victim drives to Broad St. police station
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial
- Video: Cover Story: Can Foles break jinx?