Your trash is her profit
SIDNEY, Mont. (AP) - March 4, 2011 (WPVI) -- Meet the woman whose home-based business is one huge recycling bin.
Jennifer McGahan of Sidney, Mont., devotes herself to finding new uses for items that people throw out.
With scraps of fabric, plastic, wallpaper samples and other used items, McGahan has created purses, children's clothing, satchels, notebooks, baskets, bracelets and more.
McGahan's philosophy is personnified in a decorated mannequin that she keeps in her apartment: the "Goddess of Urban Trash," which McGahan says is a rival of "Mother Earth."
She says, "You can make anything out of anything."
montana, recycling, bizarre bazaar
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife 12 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man shot by off-duty cop during fight ID'd 21 min ago
- Photos: 6 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Accused wedding crasher thief pleads guilty
- SEPTA, union resume talks to avoid strike
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- Photos: Pictures from the finger-bite mall attack
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet
- Court won't hear dispute over 'boobies' bracelets
- Are store credit cards worth the discount?