A creative attempt at smuggling drugs
BUFFALO, N.Y. (AP) - March 7, 2011 (WPVI) -- That's no baby bump.
Customs officials say a woman who looked like she was pregnant was smuggling drugs.
A U.S. Customs and Border Protection spokesman says Leann Corley was wearing a body suit.
Inside, agents say the Georgia woman had 34,000 tabs of Ecstasy.
Authorities tell the Buffalo News it was one of the most unusual smuggling attempts they've seen.
The suspect was stopped at the Peace Bridge, connecting Canada and western New York.
new york, illegal drugs, smuggling, bizarre bazaar
- Snow walloping Philadelphia area
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Storm causes multiple accidents, delays at airport 2 min ago
- Photos: Winter storm forecast maps 13 min ago
- Photos: Images of Sunday's winter storm 14 min ago
- 6abc.com Flight Tracker
- Check local traffic on 6abc.com! 10 min ago
- Video: Eagles fan tailgate in the snow
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Police: Son of PHA employee charged with DUI
- Body found in Logan tire fire
- Susan Boyle says Asperger's diagnosis was a relief