A creative attempt at smuggling drugs
BUFFALO, N.Y. (AP) - March 7, 2011 (WPVI) -- That's no baby bump.
Customs officials say a woman who looked like she was pregnant was smuggling drugs.
A U.S. Customs and Border Protection spokesman says Leann Corley was wearing a body suit.
Inside, agents say the Georgia woman had 34,000 tabs of Ecstasy.
Authorities tell the Buffalo News it was one of the most unusual smuggling attempts they've seen.
The suspect was stopped at the Peace Bridge, connecting Canada and western New York.
new york, illegal drugs, smuggling, bizarre bazaar
- 3 children rescued from Southwest Phila. house fire
- Windy And Cool
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Knife-wielding man shot, killed in Oxford Circle 47 min ago
- Philadelphia couple stabbed in their home, son arrested 20 min ago
- Philadelphia man arrested for firing shots at police
- Fire forces evacuation of N. Phila. high-rise apt.
- NJ man claims share of $198M Mega Millions jackpot 41 min ago
- Cold start to 1st summer after Sandy at Jersey Shore
- Angel Flight crashes in NY, 2 killed, 1 missing
- No quick fix for downed bridge on holiday weekend
- Police seek suspect in Olney sex assault
- Actor Tyler Perry donates $100K to Ohio schools
Press Your Luck
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos