A creative attempt at smuggling drugs
BUFFALO, N.Y. (AP) - March 7, 2011 (WPVI) -- That's no baby bump.
Customs officials say a woman who looked like she was pregnant was smuggling drugs.
A U.S. Customs and Border Protection spokesman says Leann Corley was wearing a body suit.
Inside, agents say the Georgia woman had 34,000 tabs of Ecstasy.
Authorities tell the Buffalo News it was one of the most unusual smuggling attempts they've seen.
The suspect was stopped at the Peace Bridge, connecting Canada and western New York.
new york, illegal drugs, smuggling, bizarre bazaar
- Faith-healing couple held without bail 57 min ago
- Lots of clouds, damp and cool today 43 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Jersey shore reopens for 1st post-Sandy summer
- Video: Time lapse of Seaside Heights boardwalk...
- Wash. I-5 bridge collapse caused by oversize load 53 min ago
- AC casino manager charged with promoting prostitution
- Missing Skippack student found in North Carolina
- 3rd Phila. police-involved shooting in 2 days 55 min ago
- Woman convicted in fiance's wedding day death
- Firing of school official in dog waste incident overturned
- NJ: Caramel-colored rubbing alcohol sold as scotch
- Runways reopen after emergency at Heathrow Airport 51 min ago
- Faith-healing couple held without bail
57 min ago
- 3rd Phila. police-involved shooting in 2 days
55 min ago
- Wash. I-5 bridge collapse caused by...
53 min ago