Intruder and homeowner call police on each other
PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) - March 8, 2011 (WPVI) -- Oregon police say both an intruder and a Portland homeowner phoned 911 to report the same thing: a strange man in a home.
Lt. Kelli Sheffer says the intruder told police he had just broken into a home Monday evening when the owner arrived - and the caller was worried the homeowner might have a gun.
Accompanied by his two German Shepherds, the homeowner found the intruder and asked what he was doing in the house. That's when the stranger locked himself in a bathroom and phoned police.
The homeowner called police with his account.
Sheffer says 24-year-old Timothy James Chapek, of Portland, was booked into jail for investigation of first-degree criminal trespass.
oregon, 9-1-1 call, burglary, bizarre bazaar
- Cold today, Saturday looks snowy
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought
- Carjack suspect in custody in SW Phila. 33 min ago
- Driver crashes into police cruiser in Wilmington 21 min ago
- 2 injured in Vineland school bus crash
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Woman admits to stealing packages from Delco homes
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- Video: Flyers fans receive greatest Christmas gift
- Beyonce releases new album on iTunes
- Carjack suspect in custody in SW Phila.
33 min ago
- Police investigate armed home invasion in...
57 min ago
Press Your Luck
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos