Potty-mouthed prankster messes with Texas sign
HOUSTON (AP) - March 15, 2011 (WPVI) -- A potty-mouthed prankster managed to hack into an electronic sign in downtown Houston, treating drivers to an earthier message than their used to seeing.
The unknown prankster changed a temporary traffic sign that said "DETOUR" in large orange letters to "POOP." The message was there for most of the weekend.
Then on Monday morning, the sign was changed to ": ) LOL" before workers managed to change it back to its standard message.
The Texas Department of Transportation wasn't amused. Spokeswoman Raquelle Lewis told the Houston Chronicle that hacking the onboard computer that controls the sign is disruptive. It's also punishable by a fine of up to $500.
In 2009, a prankster in Austin got national attention by hacking a similar sign to display the message: "Zombies in area! Run!"
houston, texas, bizarre bazaar
- 2 dead in police involved shootings
- Very unsettled Thursday
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Video shows assault rifle shooting at strip club
- AG: 29 New Jersey bars swapped top-shelf liquor
- Faith-healing couple charged in son's death
- Surveillance released in fatal Camden shooting
- Names of 16 Okla. tornado victims released
- Brutal attack in London heightens terror fears
- Man shot to death while questioned in Boston probe
- 4 Americans killed since 2009 in US drone strikes
- Finding the perfect bra
- OTRC: Critics' Choice Television Awards nominees