Potty-mouthed prankster messes with Texas sign
HOUSTON (AP) - March 15, 2011 (WPVI) -- A potty-mouthed prankster managed to hack into an electronic sign in downtown Houston, treating drivers to an earthier message than their used to seeing.
The unknown prankster changed a temporary traffic sign that said "DETOUR" in large orange letters to "POOP." The message was there for most of the weekend.
Then on Monday morning, the sign was changed to ": ) LOL" before workers managed to change it back to its standard message.
The Texas Department of Transportation wasn't amused. Spokeswoman Raquelle Lewis told the Houston Chronicle that hacking the onboard computer that controls the sign is disruptive. It's also punishable by a fine of up to $500.
In 2009, a prankster in Austin got national attention by hacking a similar sign to display the message: "Zombies in area! Run!"
houston, texas, bizarre bazaar
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Clouds to sun, cool today 2 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Driver killed in collision with Taxi Cab in Olney 6 min ago
- Water main break cancels Cheyney U. classes
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Tour bus catches fire in Galloway Twp.
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Clouds to sun, cool today
2 min ago