You and your car can share a soda
STILLWATER, Okla. (AP) - March 15, 2011 (WPVI) -- Someday you might be running your car on soda pop.
Oklahoma State University researchers say they've found a way to turn waste from pop production into ethanol.
The sugar in the leftover pop is fermented and converted to alcohol.
The OSU researchers say they're now trying to scale-up the process to make it commercially viable.
oklahoma, alternative energy, automobiles, bizarre bazaar
- Missing Philadelphia couple found safe
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain 7 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett to announce Vatican trip
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim 51 min ago
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N. Phila.
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Resident return to assess damage from Ewing explosion
- Video: Secret Oreo cookie recipe sold to China
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: Wedding of cop, teacher at Flower Show
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
7 min ago
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim
51 min ago