Police easily spot holdup suspect in unique outfit
TOPEKA, Kan. (AP) - March 18, 2011 (WPVI) -- Police in Topeka, Kan., say one holdup suspect's unique outfit made it easy enough to find her - because she showed up hours later wearing the same clothes to watch the city's St. Patrick's Day Parade.
A local radio station reports the 26-year-old woman was taken into custody Thursday afternoon after an officer spotted her watching the parade along a downtown street.
Authorities believe she entered a convenience store around 3:30 that morning holding a screwdriver and demanding money from a clerk.
Surveillance tape showed her leaving the store in a bright blue warm-up suit with a broad yellow stripe - the same attire the officer noticed along the parade route hours later.
kansas, police, bizarre bazaar
- Multi-vehicle crash closes EB Pa. Turnpike 24 min ago
- Temps Soar
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- Car plunges into lake in Vineland, victims ID'd
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Photos: Pictures of the Pa. Turnpike crash 24 min ago
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Temps Soar
- Carolers to perform for cancer patient in...
2 min ago