Police easily spot holdup suspect in unique outfit
TOPEKA, Kan. (AP) - March 18, 2011 (WPVI) -- Police in Topeka, Kan., say one holdup suspect's unique outfit made it easy enough to find her - because she showed up hours later wearing the same clothes to watch the city's St. Patrick's Day Parade.
A local radio station reports the 26-year-old woman was taken into custody Thursday afternoon after an officer spotted her watching the parade along a downtown street.
Authorities believe she entered a convenience store around 3:30 that morning holding a screwdriver and demanding money from a clerk.
Surveillance tape showed her leaving the store in a bright blue warm-up suit with a broad yellow stripe - the same attire the officer noticed along the parade route hours later.
kansas, police, bizarre bazaar
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion 27 min ago
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire 46 min ago
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion 17 min ago
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Cabbie allegedly locks doors in credit card dispute
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp....
17 min ago
Press Your Luck
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos