Guess who doesn't want triple-x?
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) - March 18, 2011 (WPVI) -- The triple-X Internet zone is being opposed by the porn biz.
Members of the adult entertainment industry are protesting a plan to create a dot-xxx domain for porn websites to go along with dot-com and dot-org.
The Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers -- or ICANN -- is the organization that controls Internet naming conventions.
ICANN decided in December to create the triple-X domain.
ICANN is taking public comments on the issue at its conference in San Francisco.
Yesterday, about two people protested, chanting "We like porn. No to x-x-x."
Opponents say a triple-X domain would make it easier to censor porn.
california, san francisco, pornography, bizarre bazaar
- School Closings & Delays
- Tracking More Snow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Video: Downed power line in Lower Merion 28 min ago
- Video: Katherine Scott reports on icy AM conditions 59 min ago
- Video: John Rawlins reports on a slushy start 58 min ago
- Storm brings snowy, icy conditions to Pa., NJ
- 1 dead, 50+ vehicles involved in Pa. Turnpike crashes
- Casino patron abducted, robbed and shot
- Nearly 1 foot of snow in parts of Delaware
- Video: Snow-lovers sled down Art Museum steps
- Video: Time lapse of snow at the Linc
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Katherine Scott reports on icy AM conditions
59 min ago
- John Rawlins reports on a slushy start
58 min ago
Press Your Luck
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos