Guess who doesn't want triple-x?
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) - March 18, 2011 (WPVI) -- The triple-X Internet zone is being opposed by the porn biz.
Members of the adult entertainment industry are protesting a plan to create a dot-xxx domain for porn websites to go along with dot-com and dot-org.
The Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers -- or ICANN -- is the organization that controls Internet naming conventions.
ICANN decided in December to create the triple-X domain.
ICANN is taking public comments on the issue at its conference in San Francisco.
Yesterday, about two people protested, chanting "We like porn. No to x-x-x."
Opponents say a triple-X domain would make it easier to censor porn.
california, san francisco, pornography, bizarre bazaar
- Skydiver in fatal South Jersey accident ID'd
- Sunny today, more clouds tomorrow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Surveillance expected from Target heist
- Person of interest ID'd in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Camden teen reported missing
- I-95 reopens after car catches fire
- Residents displaced after West Philadelphia fire
- 4 injured in Route 295 crash
- Teen stowaway survives flight in landing gear 28 min ago
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Oscar Mayer hot dogs recalled due to misbranding 46 min ago
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!