More than watermelon in this truck
NOGALES, Ariz. (AP) - March 31, 2011 (WPVI) -- It's big and green.
Federal authorities report finding two and a-half tons of pot inside a truck hauling watermelons from Mexico.
Authorities say a drug sniffing dog detected the weed at an Arizona border crossing.
A local television station reports officials estimate that load of pot has a street value of nearly three million bucks.
The driver, a Mexican man, faces federal prosecution.
arizona, marijuana, smuggling, bizarre bazaar
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Freeze Warning overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Puppy poisoned in Mantua, New Jersey
- Lehigh University suspends frat in vandalism case
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Ferry sinks off South Korea; hundreds still missing
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Wawa celebrates 50th birthday with big gifts
- Photos: Wawa celebrates 50 years
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man