More than watermelon in this truck
NOGALES, Ariz. (AP) - March 31, 2011 (WPVI) -- It's big and green.
Federal authorities report finding two and a-half tons of pot inside a truck hauling watermelons from Mexico.
Authorities say a drug sniffing dog detected the weed at an Arizona border crossing.
A local television station reports officials estimate that load of pot has a street value of nearly three million bucks.
The driver, a Mexican man, faces federal prosecution.
arizona, marijuana, smuggling, bizarre bazaar
- Mourning NJ doctor killed in murder-suicide
- Stormy to spectacular
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Paraplegic man castrated in SW Phila. attack
- Storms bring floods to the Jersey shore
- Video: Incredible footage of wrong-way bus crash
- Police: Girl used in theft at Phila. nail salon
- Tire dumping probe targets Wilmington shop
- Teacher charged again for indecent exposure
- Construction worker killed on way to job
- US: Unruly traveler had worked at State Department
- $325,000 Cash 5 ticket sold in Philadelphia
- Phillies activate Carlos Ruiz from disabled list