Unplug this Friday
AMHERST, Mass. (AP) - April 4, 2011 (WPVI) -- Amherst College has a message for students -- unplug.
The Massachusetts liberal arts school is asking students to turn off their gizmos -- at least for a few minutes this coming Friday.
The idea is to get the students thinking about the harmful effects of excessive technology use.
The school would like students to power-down their laptops, smartphones and iPods for at least 15 minutes Friday.
The college kids may find that friending doesn't have to involve a computer or Facebook.
massachusetts, facebook, college, computers, cell phones, bizarre bazaar
- Photos: LATEST MAPS: 6+" in parts of NJ 31 min ago
- Winter's Last Blast 57 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Video: Annie McCormick: Snow in Atlantic City 56 min ago
- Video: Katherine Scott: Snow in Delaware
- Woman, 98, injured in Powelton high-rise fire
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- Crimeans vote to leave Ukraine, join Russia
- Delaware man suspected in 14 different thefts
- NJ salon customer allegedly attacks employees
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Winter's Last Blast
57 min ago
- Annie McCormick: Snow in Atlantic City
56 min ago