Unplug this Friday
AMHERST, Mass. (AP) - April 4, 2011 (WPVI) -- Amherst College has a message for students -- unplug.
The Massachusetts liberal arts school is asking students to turn off their gizmos -- at least for a few minutes this coming Friday.
The idea is to get the students thinking about the harmful effects of excessive technology use.
The school would like students to power-down their laptops, smartphones and iPods for at least 15 minutes Friday.
The college kids may find that friending doesn't have to involve a computer or Facebook.
massachusetts, facebook, college, computers, cell phones, bizarre bazaar
- Police shoot man in Brewerytown
- Spotty, Drenching Downpours
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- I-5 bridge collapses in Washington
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys
- Woman convicted in fiance's wedding day death
- Armed robber steals $800 from Northeast Philadelphia bank
- 8 charged in $14M drug operation in SE Pa.
- Missing Skippack student found in North Carolina
- NJ: Caramel-colored rubbing alcohol sold as scotch
- Chase Utley out 2-4 weeks with oblique strain
- Obama to tour Jersey Shore with Gov. Christie
- Ohio kidnap case hero gets year of free McDonald's