Michigan couple to walk 2,000 miles for wedding
CANTON TOWNSHIP, Mich. (AP) - April 6, 2011 (WPVI) -- A Michigan couple is planning a truly long wedding march. Joseph Crist and Laura Brunett are going to walk some 2,500 miles to get to their wedding in Las Vegas this fall.
The happy couple told a television station that they plan to leave Canton Township in Wayne County in mid-April, and that they expect the trek to prepare them to spend a lifetime together.
They hope to be in Las Vegas by September and plan to marry at nearby Lake Mead.
The 24-year-olds met in middle school, and got the idea for the trip from the book, "The Lost Art of Walking," by Geoff Nicholson.
Crist says they know their plan is "extremely crazy."
michigan, exercise, weddings, bizarre bazaar
- Search for Okla. tornado survivors nearly complete
- Steamy Situation 32 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Oklahoma Tornado: How to help and avoid scams
- Local search and rescue team helping in Oklahoma
- Hats get women ejected from King of Prussia Mall
- Rob Jennings to retire after 36 Years at 6abc
- Chesco man killed longtime girlfriend, police say
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- Sleep monitors promise a better night's sleep 35 min ago
- Young and Howard lift Phillies over Marlins
- Video: Philly's new skateboard park opens 39 min ago
- Kellie Pickler named new DWTS champ 20 min ago