T.G.I. Fridays has a beef with trophy thief
AMMON, Idaho (AP) - April 7, 2011 (WPVI) -- A T.G.I Friday's in Idaho has a beef with whoever took its giant hamburger trophy.
The restaurant in Ammon received the trophy from Idaho Falls Magazine for having the best hamburger in the area. General Manager Tim Coleman tells a local television station that the trophy disappeared two days after the staff received the award.
This is the third consecutive year the restaurant won the honor, and it's not the first time the trophy was pilfered.
Two years ago, it disappeared for six weeks, but someone left it outside the restaurant.
Coleman says he just wants the trophy back and is willing to reward whoever brings it back by serving up one of those trophy-winning hamburgers - on the house.
idaho, food, bizarre bazaar
- Screaming man attacks police station, cars 1 min ago
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today 23 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of smashed police car, station... 5 min ago
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody
- 2 men shot inside Feltonville bar
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane 48 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases
- Video: Would-be firebomber sets self on fire 18 min ago
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
48 min ago