T.G.I. Fridays has a beef with trophy thief
AMMON, Idaho (AP) - April 7, 2011 (WPVI) -- A T.G.I Friday's in Idaho has a beef with whoever took its giant hamburger trophy.
The restaurant in Ammon received the trophy from Idaho Falls Magazine for having the best hamburger in the area. General Manager Tim Coleman tells a local television station that the trophy disappeared two days after the staff received the award.
This is the third consecutive year the restaurant won the honor, and it's not the first time the trophy was pilfered.
Two years ago, it disappeared for six weeks, but someone left it outside the restaurant.
Coleman says he just wants the trophy back and is willing to reward whoever brings it back by serving up one of those trophy-winning hamburgers - on the house.
idaho, food, bizarre bazaar
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Freeze Warning overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Puppy poisoned in Mantua, New Jersey
- Lehigh University suspends frat in vandalism case
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Ferry sinks off South Korea; hundreds still missing
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Wawa celebrates 50th birthday with big gifts
- Photos: Wawa celebrates 50 years
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man