Car thief asks police for gas
WEST FARGO, N.D. (AP) - April 13, 2011 (WPVI) -- If you're going to steal a car -- don't look to the cops for help with the gas.
Officers in West Fargo, North Dakota, report busting a young guy who wanted a gas voucher.
Assistant Chief Mike Reitan says the 19-year-old showed up at a police station looking of a gas chit.
The department works with a local charity to provide gas help in emergencies.
The young suspect told police he had to get to funeral in Wisconsin.
Reitan tells The Forum the car the young man was driving had been reported stolen.
Officers took him to jail.
north dakota, automobiles, dumb criminals, bizarre bazaar
- Iranian teen had stolen passport on missing jet
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- Video: Cat attacks toddler, parents call 911 30 min ago
Press Your Luck
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos