Car thief asks police for gas
WEST FARGO, N.D. (AP) - April 13, 2011 (WPVI) -- If you're going to steal a car -- don't look to the cops for help with the gas.
Officers in West Fargo, North Dakota, report busting a young guy who wanted a gas voucher.
Assistant Chief Mike Reitan says the 19-year-old showed up at a police station looking of a gas chit.
The department works with a local charity to provide gas help in emergencies.
The young suspect told police he had to get to funeral in Wisconsin.
Reitan tells The Forum the car the young man was driving had been reported stolen.
Officers took him to jail.
north dakota, automobiles, dumb criminals, bizarre bazaar
- Very cold today, Saturday storm 4 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Sign up for Facebook Flash!
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Suspicious package found outside Planet Fitness in Olney 6 min ago
- 2 dead after truck and car collide in Mercer County 54 min ago
- Suspects tie up 71-year-old in home invasion
- Worker shocked by electrical cable in East Falls
- Bandit holds up TD Bank in Chestnut Hill
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- American University campus lockdown lifted
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- 2 dead after truck and car collide in...
54 min ago