Pa. man shot teen over her last cigarette
PITTSBURGH (AP) - April 21, 2011 (WPVI) -- Pittsburgh police say a 32-year-old man shot a teenage girl in the knee after she refused to lend him her last cigarette.
Lamarr Marshall remained in the Allegheny County Jail Wednesday on aggravated assault and weapons possession charges.
Police didn't identify the 16-year-old victim but say Marshall encountered the girl in the city's crime-ridden Homewood neighborhood about 6:30 p.m. Tuesday. Police say a witness saw Marshall shoot the victim, who police interviewed at a hospital. She's expected to fully recover.
Lt. Dan Herrmann tells a local television station that said Marshall became angry and argued with the victim because she refused to lend him a cigarette, because it was her last one.
Marshall has a criminal record for robbery and other offenses, and was also charged with illegally possessing a weapon because he's a felon.
pennsylvania, pittsburgh, smoking, bizarre bazaar
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd 10 min ago
- Easter Sunshine Sunday 14 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Stabbing at Hamilton Mall in Mays Landing
- Woman's body found in Berks County
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- It's a boy - again for Jamie Apody! 2 min ago
- NJ woman: Dog and TV stolen on 1st date
- Prescription drug ring busted at Aria-Torresdale Hospital
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police