Can't call 911 over beer
BRIDGEPORT, Conn. (AP) - May 10, 2011 (WPVI) -- Running out of beer may be a crisis -- but it's no emergency.
Authorities in Bridgeport, Connecticut, charge 65-year-old Raymond Roberge called 911 three times Sunday.
Officials say when first responders arrived, Roberge offered them money to buy him some beer.
He's been charged with misusing the 911 system and freed on $500 bond.
Police tell the Connecticut Post since the beginning of this year, Roberge has called 911 nearly 80 times.
But never for an emergency.
connecticut, 9-1-1 call, alcohol, beer, dumb criminals, bizarre bazaar
- Delaware County mail carrier accused of theft
- Rain Moves Out, Cool Winds Blow In
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Faith-healing couple held without bail
- Police: Woman who hit teen was DUI, reading text
- Deadly crash on I-295 in Mercer County, N.J.
- Tractor trailer crash jams traffic in Chesco
- Sex offender arrested in Del. child porn bust
- Jersey shore reopens for 1st post-Sandy summer
- Philadelphia man sentenced in shaken baby death
- Wash. I-5 bridge collapse caused by oversize load
- Video: New warning about scams targeting seniors
- Healthcheck: Dealing with poison ivy