Can't call 911 over beer
BRIDGEPORT, Conn. (AP) - May 10, 2011 (WPVI) -- Running out of beer may be a crisis -- but it's no emergency.
Authorities in Bridgeport, Connecticut, charge 65-year-old Raymond Roberge called 911 three times Sunday.
Officials say when first responders arrived, Roberge offered them money to buy him some beer.
He's been charged with misusing the 911 system and freed on $500 bond.
Police tell the Connecticut Post since the beginning of this year, Roberge has called 911 nearly 80 times.
But never for an emergency.
connecticut, 9-1-1 call, alcohol, beer, dumb criminals, bizarre bazaar
- Skydiver ID'd in fatal Washing Twp. accident
- 70s Return This Week
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- $10K to $30K stolen in Target armed robbery
- I-95 reopens after car catches fire
- Person of interest ID'd in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Residents displaced after West Philadelphia fire
- 4 injured in Route 295 crash
- Camden teen reported missing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Oscar Mayer hot dogs recalled due to misbranding
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!