4 bragged online about Texas robbery
HOUSTON (AP) - May 12, 2011 (WPVI) -- Authorities say four people were indicted in a Houston bank robbery after bragging about it on Facebook.
Federal prosecutors say two former tellers at the International Bank of Commerce recruited a boyfriend and a brother to steal more than $62,000 on March 23.
Prosecutors say former tellers 18-year-old Estefany Danelia Martinez and 19-year-old Anna Margarita Rivera; Martinez's boyfriend, 19-year-old Ricky Gonzalez; and Rivera's brother, 22-year-old Arturo Solano were indicted Wednesday on charges of bank robbery and embezzlement.
Authorities say an anonymous tip led investigators to Facebook posts. In one Martinez wrote, "IM RICH." Another post said: "WIPE MY TEETH WITH HUNDEREDS."
Gonzalez's attorney, Lance Hamm, says his client is "extremely remorseful for what he's accused of doing."
Attorneys for the others did not immediately return messages Wednesday night.
houston, texas, bank robbery, dumb criminals, facebook, bizarre bazaar
- Man critically injured in Willingboro hit, run
- Tracking St. Patty's Day Snow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Focus turns to pilots as hunt for jet widens
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc.
- Bucks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- Delaware Co. mother seeks help finding son's killer
- Minn. man pulls police officer from burning car
- Delaware man charged with 12th DUI
- Del. trooper charged with stalking, harassment
- Community relief for victims of Ewing Twp. explosion
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies