4 bragged online about Texas robbery
HOUSTON (AP) - May 12, 2011 (WPVI) -- Authorities say four people were indicted in a Houston bank robbery after bragging about it on Facebook.
Federal prosecutors say two former tellers at the International Bank of Commerce recruited a boyfriend and a brother to steal more than $62,000 on March 23.
Prosecutors say former tellers 18-year-old Estefany Danelia Martinez and 19-year-old Anna Margarita Rivera; Martinez's boyfriend, 19-year-old Ricky Gonzalez; and Rivera's brother, 22-year-old Arturo Solano were indicted Wednesday on charges of bank robbery and embezzlement.
Authorities say an anonymous tip led investigators to Facebook posts. In one Martinez wrote, "IM RICH." Another post said: "WIPE MY TEETH WITH HUNDEREDS."
Gonzalez's attorney, Lance Hamm, says his client is "extremely remorseful for what he's accused of doing."
Attorneys for the others did not immediately return messages Wednesday night.
houston, texas, bank robbery, dumb criminals, facebook, bizarre bazaar
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Warmer Weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested 39 min ago
- SEPTA spreads holiday cheer with toy drive
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Fmr. Montco GOP chairman to stand trial for rape
- Pa. Turnpike reopens after multi-vehicle crash
- Dealer charged with selling Sandy damaged cars
- Bishop McDevitt HS student robbed at gunpoint
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ 29 min ago
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
29 min ago