4 bragged online about Texas robbery
HOUSTON (AP) - May 12, 2011 (WPVI) -- Authorities say four people were indicted in a Houston bank robbery after bragging about it on Facebook.
Federal prosecutors say two former tellers at the International Bank of Commerce recruited a boyfriend and a brother to steal more than $62,000 on March 23.
Prosecutors say former tellers 18-year-old Estefany Danelia Martinez and 19-year-old Anna Margarita Rivera; Martinez's boyfriend, 19-year-old Ricky Gonzalez; and Rivera's brother, 22-year-old Arturo Solano were indicted Wednesday on charges of bank robbery and embezzlement.
Authorities say an anonymous tip led investigators to Facebook posts. In one Martinez wrote, "IM RICH." Another post said: "WIPE MY TEETH WITH HUNDEREDS."
Gonzalez's attorney, Lance Hamm, says his client is "extremely remorseful for what he's accused of doing."
Attorneys for the others did not immediately return messages Wednesday night.
houston, texas, bank robbery, dumb criminals, facebook, bizarre bazaar
- AG: 29 New Jersey bars swapped top-shelf liquor 4 min ago
- Very unsettled Thursday 33 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Faith-healing couple charged in son's death 46 min ago
- Names of 16 Okla. tornado victims released
- Video shows assault rifle shooting at strip club
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- Philadelphia cop accused of ripping off drug dealers 6 min ago
- 1 dead, 2 injured in 'barbaric' London attack 47 min ago
- SEPTA police chief using Twitter to fight crime 48 min ago
- Police ID victim in water ice stand homicide
- Hats get women ejected from KoP Mall
- Rob Jennings to retire after 36 Years at 6abc
- Faith-healing couple charged in son's death
46 min ago
- SEPTA police chief using Twitter to fight...
48 min ago
- 1 dead, 2 injured in 'barbaric' London attack
47 min ago