Officers get to spend money at strip club
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (AP) - May 16, 2011 (WPVI) -- Undercover officers got to spend 700 bucks at a strip club.
Now, authorities in Colorado Springs are defending the move.
Police say the officers had to look like real customers as part of a liquor compliance and prostitution sting at PT's Showclub.
Officials tell The Gazette newspaper the cash had been seized in other undercover operations.
Investigators say no sex-for-cash violations were found.
But authorities add there were alcohol violations.
Lawyers for the club say the owners have surrendered their license to sell booze.
colorado, money, police, naked in public, bizarre bazaar
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife 33 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man shot by off-duty cop during fight ID'd 42 min ago
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del. 17 min ago
- Accused wedding crasher thief pleads guilty
- SEPTA, union resume talks to avoid strike
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- Photos: Pictures from the finger-bite mall attack
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet
- Court won't hear dispute over 'boobies' bracelets
- Photos: Pictures from the 2014 Red Ball