Brazil police say thief stole woman's long hair
SAO PAULO (AP) - May 23, 2011 (WPVI) -- Brazilian police say a thief cut off and stole a woman's long hair while she waited at a bus stop.
Police say the hair was virgin, meaning it had not been chemically treated, and will probably be sold for the production of wigs.
Inspector Jose Carlos Bezerra da Silva said Friday to Globo TV's G1 website that the woman was waiting for a bus in the central city of Goiania when the man used a knife-like weapon to cut the hair, which reached past her waist. She said she thought the man was going to steal her purse so she turned her back to him.
Silva said he'd never seen a theft like it in 20 years.
He said the 24-year-old woman reported the case to police because she is evangelical and had to explain to her pastor why her hair wasn't long anymore.
brazil, bizarre bazaar
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Sunny and chilly
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mutilated animal found in North Philadelphia 5 min ago
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90 32 min ago
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door 26 min ago
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge 24 min ago
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera 44 min ago
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
- Man, 22, dies after shooting in Chester
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Vietnam says it may have found missing...
26 min ago