Man arrested after 'pocket dialing' 911
BANGOR, Maine (AP) - May 24, 2011 (WPVI) -- Police in Maine say a man wanted for failing to pay fines accidentally helped officers find him when he repeatedly "pocket dialed" 911 while doing yard work.
Police say 29-year-old James Green was using a backpack leaf blower in Bangor Saturday when he kept calling 911 without realizing it.
Police Lt. Jeff Millard says officers were able to determine where the calls were coming from by triangulating the signal from Green's phone.
The Bangor Daily News says there were two active warrants for Green's arrest for failure to pay fines.
maine, 9-1-1 call, bizarre bazaar
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death 30 min ago
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday 12 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Reward offered in Collingdale hit-and-run 48 min ago
- Turnpike officials: Road plowed, salted before pileup 25 min ago
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course 17 min ago
- 6 students hurt in Camden Co. school bus crash
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia 21 min ago
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police 10 min ago
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
12 min ago
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
21 min ago
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden
27 min ago