Man arrested after 'pocket dialing' 911
BANGOR, Maine (AP) - May 24, 2011 (WPVI) -- Police in Maine say a man wanted for failing to pay fines accidentally helped officers find him when he repeatedly "pocket dialed" 911 while doing yard work.
Police say 29-year-old James Green was using a backpack leaf blower in Bangor Saturday when he kept calling 911 without realizing it.
Police Lt. Jeff Millard says officers were able to determine where the calls were coming from by triangulating the signal from Green's phone.
The Bangor Daily News says there were two active warrants for Green's arrest for failure to pay fines.
maine, 9-1-1 call, bizarre bazaar
- Nelson Mandela dies at age 95
- Wet to Wintry
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years
- Police raid alleged chop shop in North Philadelphia
- Restaurant owner slashes robber with sushi knife
- Feds accused of targeting minorities in stash house stings
- Center City rape victims speaks to Action News
- Surveillance: Christmas packages stolen from home
- Christmas decoration theft caught on camera
- Fmr. Marine's murder suspect held on $2M bail
- Photos: 21 suspects ID'd in Collingdale drug sweep
- Arrest in theft of Porsche part from Walker crash