Men charged after mistake leads to marijuana stash
COVINGTON, Ky. (AP) - June 8, 2011 (WPVI) -- Authorities say a northern Kentucky condo owner who opened the wrong garage door by mistake found a drug stash that put two of his neighbors behind bars.
Benjamin Bingham and Nicholas Mann entered not guilty pleas Monday in Kenton Circuit Court to conspiracy to traffic in marijuana.
Police said their neighbor, Mike Finke, had just purchased a condo in the complex and went to clean out the unit's garage. When the key jammed and the lock pulled out of the wall, Finke opened the door and found two duffel bags and a suitcase containing 48 pounds of marijuana, according to The Kentucky Enquirer, which cited police reports.
After Finke called police, he realized he was in the wrong garage.
Police say the garage belongs to Bingham and Mann.
kentucky, marijuana, bizarre bazaar
- AccuWeather is Tracking More Snow 3 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Transformer fire sparks SEPTA delays 18 min ago
- Video: Downed power line in Lower Merion
- Video: Katherine Scott reports on icy AM conditions
- Video: John Rawlins reports on a slushy start
- Casino patron abducted, robbed and shot
- Storm brings snowy, icy conditions to Pa., NJ
- 1 dead, 50+ vehicles involved in Pa. Turnpike crashes
- Video: Snow-lovers sled down Art Museum steps
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Photos: Pictures from Paul Walker memorial rally 40 min ago
- AccuWeather is Tracking More Snow
3 min ago