'Deer with wings' causes power outage in Montana
HELENA, Mont. - June 17, 2011 (WPVI) -- A Montana resident says an energy company has identified the cause of a brief power outage as "deer with wings."
Lee Bridges says she was outside with her dogs around the time the power went out when a NorthWestern Energy truck pulled up, giving her a chance to ask the driver what caused the problem.
She says he pointed up and said, "Apparently, we've got deer with wings."
Bridges looked up and saw a dead fawn on a power line.
It's unlikely the animal had an accident while trying to make like distant-cousin Rudolph. Bridges suspects that an eagle dropped its prey and couldn't retrieve it.
The lineman who removed the carcass from the power line said he'd never seen anything like it.
montana, animals, bizarre bazaar
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death 8 min ago
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Delco police standoff ends, suspect dead 5 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- South Jersey business burglar caught on camera 7 min ago
- Reward offered in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Tests confirm toxic chemicals inside Phila. fire station 3 min ago
- Turnpike officials: Road plowed, salted before pileup
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures