Government assistance to grow pot
HALIFAX, Nova Scotia (AP) - June 21, 2011 (WPVI) -- Government help to grow pot?
It's an issue in Canada, where an appeals board is ordering financial assistance for a couple to grow medical marijuana.
The CBC reports the couple has the official OK to grow up to 25 pot plants.
But the pair in Nova Scotia is on public assistance and can only afford to grow six plants.
An appeals broad ruled provincial officials should give the couple $2,500 to set up their grow and 400 bucks a year for supplies.
Officials of Nova Scotia's Community Services Department say they're considering legal options.
canada, marijuana, medical marijuana, bizarre bazaar
- Target confirms breach; up to 40M affected 1 min ago
- Turning Milder
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Man dies in fast-moving blaze in New Castle Co. 54 min ago
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught on camera
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Video: Christmas tree comes to life in school prank 11 min ago
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
- Target confirms breach; up to 40M affected
1 min ago
- Man dies in fast-moving blaze in New Castle...
54 min ago
- Christmas tree comes to life in school prank
11 min ago