Pa. couple hitched in hospital after groom fall
ERIE, Pa. (AP) - June 29, 2011 (WPVI) -- A love-sick Pennsylvania couple ended up getting hitched in a hospital chapel after the groom tumbled down a set of stairs on their wedding day.
The Erie Times-News reports Derek and Cassy McBride were married Saturday at Saint Vincent Health Center because Derek took the wrong kind of plunge a few hours earlier.
The wedding appeared doomed when tests showed Derek McBride had three broken ribs and a punctured, collapsed lung.
But family and Saint Vincent nurses stepped up, decorating the chapel with medical glove balloons and bows made of gauze. Guests were told the beach wedding was scrapped.
Cassy McBride, whose maiden name was Messenger, wore her gown. Derek had one too - a hospital one, under his tuxedo.
Derek McBride hopes to be released soon.
erie, pennsylvania, marriage, hospitals, bizarre bazaar
- Pizza deliveryman ID'd in police shooting 4 min ago
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say 13 min ago
- Fmr. Devon Prep teacher faces child porn charges
- 4 alarm fire burns at motel in Berks County 13 min ago
- 3rd lottery jackpot hits at Atlantic Co. truck stop 56 min ago
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt
- Photo released of anti-Semetic vandalism suspect
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Video: Video gamer is the victim of SWATting hoax
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Pizza deliveryman ID'd in police shooting
4 min ago
Press Your Luck
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos