Ohio Statehouse adds bar
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) - July 1, 2011 (WPVI) -- Ohio's Capitol building in Columbus will be a place for making laws and making drinks.
The Columbus Dispatch reports the Ohio Statehouse's first full-service bar will open next month within an existing cafDe. The bar on the building's lower level will sell beer, wine and liquor.
The Ohio agency that oversees the Statehouse says the bar will have flat-screen televisions and will be open to the public at certain times. It also will host special events and what are described as "private happy hours."
One thing it won't allow: guns.
A new Ohio law permits some concealed weapons to be carried into bars and other places where alcohol is served. But the public is prohibited from taking firearms into the Statehouse.
ohio, alcohol, bizarre bazaar
- Screaming man attacks police station, cars 1 min ago
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today 45 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of smashed police car, station... 27 min ago
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody
- 2 men shot inside Feltonville bar
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases
- Video: Would-be firebomber sets self on fire 40 min ago