Brazil boy seems to attract metal objects
SAO PAULO (AP) - July 11, 2011 (WPVI) -- An 11-year-old boy in Brazil's northeastern city of Mossoro is drawing attention with his purportedly magnet-like qualities.
The Globo TV network has broadcast images of Paulo David Amorim demonstrating how forks, knives, scissors, cooking pans, cameras and other metal objects seem drawn to his body and remain stuck on his chest, stomach and back.
The boy's father tells Globo that he decided to test his son after learning of a boy in Croatia with a similar ability. Junior Amorim says he was surprised to find "a fork and knife stuck to his body."
The youth says classmates call him "magnet boy."
Dr. Dix-Sept Rosado Sobrinho tells Globo it is the first time in his 30-year career that he has seen a case like this.
brazil, bizarre bazaar
- Photos: 21 suspects ID'd in Collingdale drug sweep 20 min ago
- Foggy, cloudy, mild today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police seek missing woman and her baby
- Pizza delivery man shot in Overbrook 9 min ago
- Missing Phila. boy hit by car in Upper Darby
- Chester Co. firefighters called to Md. pet shop fire
- Penn Medical School sued over researcher's death 55 min ago
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school
- DA: Woman gambled away stepson's inheritance 44 min ago
- Attack in Center City caught on camera
- Central Pa. man arrested for 2 DUIs in 2 hours
- Video: Topless woman chases peeper from Kohl's