Ohio church holds mock retrial of Casey Anthony
CLEVELAND (AP) - July 18, 2011 (WPVI) -- A church service in Ohio has included a mock retrial of Casey Anthony, the woman in Florida found not guilty of killing her 2-year-old daughter.
A local television station reports Sunday's exercise at the In Touch With Christ Christian Center in Cleveland was led by the Rev. Una Keenon, a retired municipal court judge in the community of East Cleveland.
She asked the 12 church members who acted as jurors to consider whether it would be right to send Anthony to death row if she did not kill her child.
The church jury was hung, with eight voting guilty and four voting not guilty.
Bishop Prince Moultry, the church pastor, said the important lesson from the service was to protect children in Cleveland from the same fate as little Caylee Anthony.
cleveland, ohio, trial, casey anthony, bizarre bazaar
- More Snow on the Way
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Winter storm forecast maps
- Arrest made in Beats headphone murder
- 2 arrested for violent Center City attack
- Thief steals $17K from Philadelphia charter school
- 2 PSU students charged with ethnic intimidation
- Teen shot and killed in Wilmington
- 2K get meningitis B vaccinations at Princeton
- US Airways, American merger complete
- Rachael Ray's cookbook competition
- Video: Woman finds, returns envelope full of cash