Ohio church holds mock retrial of Casey Anthony
CLEVELAND (AP) - July 18, 2011 (WPVI) -- A church service in Ohio has included a mock retrial of Casey Anthony, the woman in Florida found not guilty of killing her 2-year-old daughter.
A local television station reports Sunday's exercise at the In Touch With Christ Christian Center in Cleveland was led by the Rev. Una Keenon, a retired municipal court judge in the community of East Cleveland.
She asked the 12 church members who acted as jurors to consider whether it would be right to send Anthony to death row if she did not kill her child.
The church jury was hung, with eight voting guilty and four voting not guilty.
Bishop Prince Moultry, the church pastor, said the important lesson from the service was to protect children in Cleveland from the same fate as little Caylee Anthony.
cleveland, ohio, trial, casey anthony, bizarre bazaar
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Gas leak, evacuations reported in Frankford
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
Press Your Luck
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos