Ohio church holds mock retrial of Casey Anthony
CLEVELAND (AP) - July 18, 2011 (WPVI) -- A church service in Ohio has included a mock retrial of Casey Anthony, the woman in Florida found not guilty of killing her 2-year-old daughter.
A local television station reports Sunday's exercise at the In Touch With Christ Christian Center in Cleveland was led by the Rev. Una Keenon, a retired municipal court judge in the community of East Cleveland.
She asked the 12 church members who acted as jurors to consider whether it would be right to send Anthony to death row if she did not kill her child.
The church jury was hung, with eight voting guilty and four voting not guilty.
Bishop Prince Moultry, the church pastor, said the important lesson from the service was to protect children in Cleveland from the same fate as little Caylee Anthony.
cleveland, ohio, trial, casey anthony, bizarre bazaar
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- Mostly sunny, very windy today 2 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police-involved shooting in Southwest Philadelphia
- Fire damages corner produce store in North Philly 22 min ago
- 3 shot during funeral at Trenton church
- Serial burglar strikes South Phila. businesses
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Middle Township crash
- 6abc viewer helps police nab $18K jewelry suspect
- Arrest warrant issued in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Police release surveillance of Target heist
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
2 min ago
Press Your Luck
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos