Drunken man arrested at sheriff's church
COOKEVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - July 19, 2011 (WPVI) -- Authorities in Tennessee say a drunken man was arrested after wandering into a church where the sheriff had been worshipping.
Sheriff David Andrews said 42-year-old Gregory Blaine Wade of Cookeville showed up Wednesday at the Jefferson Avenue Church of Christ just as a service was ending.
According to the Cookeville Herald-Citizen, an arrest report said Wade became argumentative, was unsteady and had a 40-ounce bottle of beer in his backpack. He was charged with public intoxication.
A spokeswoman at the Putnam County Jail said Monday that Wade was sentenced to 10 days in jail. He remains behind bars. There was no record that he has an attorney.
tennessee, alcohol, dumb criminals, religion, bizarre bazaar
- ABC News: Possible security breach at Target 42 min ago
- Winter Warm Up
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery 9 min ago
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught on camera
- Arrest in stabbing of elderly man in Egg Harbor
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Impact of Sunoco HQ, Citibank leaving Philly
- Video: Soldier returning from Afghanistan...
- Police search for suspects in religious...
9 min ago