Man afraid of heights gets stuck on bungee ride
DALLAS (AP) - July 20, 2011 (WPVI) -- A suburban Dallas woman's well-meaning attempt to help her future husband overcome his fear of heights went horribly wrong when a bungee ride they were in got stuck 50 feet off the ground for three hours because cables got tangled.
Irving residents William Mancera and Thalia Rodriguez were not injured during their Monday ordeal. Dallas firefighters eventually used an aerial ladder truck to help get the couple safely to the ground.
Mancera tells a local television station that his fear of heights "won again" and he is "never riding anything of that sort ever again." But he also says the ordeal has brought him and his fiancDee closer together. They plan to marry in February.
The ride remains closed as the company that operates it investigates why the malfunction happened.
dallas, texas, bizarre bazaar
- Montco DA: Drug ring targeted schools; 8 arrested 1 min ago
- Sunny today, more clouds tomorrow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Skydiver in fatal South Jersey accident ID'd 24 min ago
- Medical chopper called to crash on Route 55 17 min ago
- Jogger helps rescue man from Schuylkill River 47 min ago
- Photos: Pictures from NJ skydiving accident
- Boston Marathon to be under tight security
- SKorean president: Ferry crew actions 'murderous'
- Surveillance expected from Target heist
- Teen stowaway survives flight in landing gear
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!
- Skydiver in fatal South Jersey accident ID'd
24 min ago