Carnival closes Casey Anthony dunk booth
LEXINGTON, Ky. - July 20, 2011 (WPVI) -- Organizers at a Kentucky carnival have shut down a booth in which a Casey Anthony lookalike taunted fairgoers to dunk her
The Bluegrass Fair is sponsored by the Lexington Lions Club and the dunking booth had been promoted on social media. The Lexington Herald-Leader reports the Lions Club cited "growing public sentiment" in deciding to close the game Tuesday.
Some viewers of Anthony's televised murder trial were outraged after the Florida woman was acquitted this month of killing her 2-year-old daughter.
Fair Chairman Ron Mossotti said an event management company presented the idea of the dunking booth in which the lookalike sat on a platform labeled "innocent" and fairgoers aimed for a target labeled "guilty."
Mossotti said most people laughed though some found it tasteless and tacky.
casey anthony, florida, kentucky, bizarre bazaar
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Finally, a nice weekend!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote 31 min ago
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar 43 min ago
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysian jet
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian ID'd in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
43 min ago
Press Your Luck
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos