Carnival closes Casey Anthony dunk booth
LEXINGTON, Ky. - July 20, 2011 (WPVI) -- Organizers at a Kentucky carnival have shut down a booth in which a Casey Anthony lookalike taunted fairgoers to dunk her
The Bluegrass Fair is sponsored by the Lexington Lions Club and the dunking booth had been promoted on social media. The Lexington Herald-Leader reports the Lions Club cited "growing public sentiment" in deciding to close the game Tuesday.
Some viewers of Anthony's televised murder trial were outraged after the Florida woman was acquitted this month of killing her 2-year-old daughter.
Fair Chairman Ron Mossotti said an event management company presented the idea of the dunking booth in which the lookalike sat on a platform labeled "innocent" and fairgoers aimed for a target labeled "guilty."
Mossotti said most people laughed though some found it tasteless and tacky.
casey anthony, florida, kentucky, bizarre bazaar
- 2 dead in police involved shootings
- Very unsettled Thursday
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Video shows assault rifle shooting at strip club
- AG: 29 New Jersey bars swapped top-shelf liquor
- Faith-healing couple charged in son's death
- Surveillance released in fatal Camden shooting
- Names of 16 Okla. tornado victims released
- Brutal attack in London heightens terror fears
- Man shot to death while questioned in Boston probe
- 4 Americans killed since 2009 in US drone strikes
- Finding the perfect bra
- OTRC: Critics' Choice Television Awards nominees