Pa. bishop gets own bobblehead for birthday
ERIE, Pa. (AP) - July 27, 2011 (WPVI) -- As a priest, he's probably not going to get a big head over it.
Erie Catholic Bishop Donald Trautman received a special gift in honor of his 75th birthday: A bobblehead in his likeness.
The Erie Times-News reports Trautman was presented with the swaying-headed statue last month at a gathering of priests from 13-county diocese.
Trautman calls the likeness "pretty close."
An Erie priest came up with the idea for the dolls, which were also distributed to all the priests in the diocese.
Trautman has sent his resignation letter to Pope Benedict XVI, as canon law requires for priests turning 75. No replacement has been named.
pennsylvania, erie, religion, bizarre bazaar
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Gas leak, evacuations reported in Frankford
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
Press Your Luck
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos