Pa. bishop gets own bobblehead for birthday
ERIE, Pa. (AP) - July 27, 2011 (WPVI) -- As a priest, he's probably not going to get a big head over it.
Erie Catholic Bishop Donald Trautman received a special gift in honor of his 75th birthday: A bobblehead in his likeness.
The Erie Times-News reports Trautman was presented with the swaying-headed statue last month at a gathering of priests from 13-county diocese.
Trautman calls the likeness "pretty close."
An Erie priest came up with the idea for the dolls, which were also distributed to all the priests in the diocese.
Trautman has sent his resignation letter to Pope Benedict XVI, as canon law requires for priests turning 75. No replacement has been named.
pennsylvania, erie, religion, bizarre bazaar
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Warmer Weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Overbrook shooting
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Video released of AK-47 robbery in Wynnefield
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Video: Flyers' Hartnell co-authors children's book