Dog toy deductions and strip clubs don't mix
DETROIT (AP) - August 2, 2011 (WPVI) -- A Detroit area strip club owner could be going to prison -- over dog toys.
Nicholas Faranso has pleaded guilty to a conspiracy charge.
Federal prosecutors say Faranso claimed stuff for the family dog as deductions for fetish toys on his corporate taxes.
That's not all.
Authorities charge Faranso used money from his two strip clubs to pay for vet bills and an invisible fence for "Pebbles," the pooch.
Prosecutors want Faranso put behind bars for up to 46 months.
He's to be sentenced Thursday in a Ann Arbor, Michigan, federal court.
detroit, michigan, taxes, bizarre bazaar
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- Brisk And Cold
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Neighbor alerts showering woman of fire in home
- Couple files suit over Lower Twp. blast 20 min ago
- Man robbed at gunpoint in North Philadelphia
- Derailed train car blocks road in South Coatesville 15 min ago
- Arrest in stabbing of elderly man in Egg Harbor
- Arrest in deadly June shooting in West Philadelphia 22 min ago
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del. 24 min ago
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall 48 min ago
- Girl kidnapped, freed in Reading; suspect at large
- Tourist distracted by Facebook falls off pier
- Schools, daycares introduce yoga for kids
11 min ago
- Couple files suit over Lower Twp. blast
20 min ago
- Higher blood pressure threshold OK in older...
14 min ago