A lot of money on these gift cards
NEW YORK (AP) - August 2, 2011 (WPVI) -- Authorities charge Dunkin' Donuts gift cards have been used for a lot more than coffee and doughnuts.
Prosecutors in Queens, New York accuse a Romanian couple of reprogramming the gift cards so they could be used in cash machines.
Authorities say the couple stole nearly 18-grand from a New York City bank using the bogus debit cards.
They now face grand larceny and other charges.
new york, new york city, money, dunkin donuts, bizarre bazaar
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Gas leak, evacuations reported in Frankford
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
Press Your Luck
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos