Just let nature take it's course
CHICAGO (AP) - August 10, 2011 (WPVI) -- Swallowing the evidence might work -- but not for long.
Authorities in Chicago let nature take its course, after a man was accused of swallowing a stolen diamond ring.
Prosecutors say Wilfredo Gonzalez eventually produced the missing ring.
According to authorities, Gonzalez was hired to do some repair work on a home.
The homeowners charged Gonzalez swallowed the ring after the homeowners confronted him.
Police say an X-ray also showed the ring.
chicago, illinois, dumb criminals, jewelry, bizarre bazaar
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark, Del.
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Is it time for smart watches?