Miss. man buys 150 pizzas from Mass. restaurant
STOUGHTON, Mass. (AP) - August 15, 2011 (WPVI) -- A Mississippi man who grew up in Massachusetts goes to great lengths for a good pizza.
About 1,400 miles.
David Schuler returned to Jackson, Miss., last weekend with 150 pies from Town Spa Pizza, a restaurant in his home town of Stoughton, just outside Boston.
It's a tradition he started years ago when he couldn't find a good slice in Mississippi.
He returned with 150 frozen, vacuum-sealed pies. That was a record for him. They cost $1,200.
He made the 16-state trek in 24 hours, munching on Town Spa pizzas he kept on the passenger seat.
Restaurant manager Kerry Hughes tells The Enterprise of Brockton he ships pizzas as far as California and Florida, but Schuler is his best out-of-state customer.
massachusetts, driving, food, bizarre bazaar
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- ID theft warrant leads to pot bust in Hamilton Twp.
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more