Miss. man buys 150 pizzas from Mass. restaurant
STOUGHTON, Mass. (AP) - August 15, 2011 (WPVI) -- A Mississippi man who grew up in Massachusetts goes to great lengths for a good pizza.
About 1,400 miles.
David Schuler returned to Jackson, Miss., last weekend with 150 pies from Town Spa Pizza, a restaurant in his home town of Stoughton, just outside Boston.
It's a tradition he started years ago when he couldn't find a good slice in Mississippi.
He returned with 150 frozen, vacuum-sealed pies. That was a record for him. They cost $1,200.
He made the 16-state trek in 24 hours, munching on Town Spa pizzas he kept on the passenger seat.
Restaurant manager Kerry Hughes tells The Enterprise of Brockton he ships pizzas as far as California and Florida, but Schuler is his best out-of-state customer.
massachusetts, driving, food, bizarre bazaar
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse 40 min ago
- Record Weekend Warmth 32 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- 1 dead after car plunges into lake in Vineland 33 min ago
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet? 39 min ago
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy 37 min ago
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
- Record Weekend Warmth
32 min ago
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater...
40 min ago
Press Your Luck
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos