Abercrombie asks 'The Situation' to shop elsewhere
NEW ALBANY, Ohio (AP) - August 17, 2011 (WPVI) -- A clothing company is offering money to Mike "The Situation" Sorrentino and his fellow "Jersey Shore" cast members - so they'll stop wearing the brand on the show.
Abercrombie & Fitch Co. says in a news release posted Tuesday that it's concerned that having Sorrentino seen in its clothing could cause "significant damage" to the company's image.
Abercrombie says a connection to The Situation goes against the "aspirational nature" of its brand and may be "distressing" to customers. The Ohio-based retailer says it has offered a "substantial payment" to Sorrentino and producers of the MTV show so he'll wear something else.
The company says it also is making the offer to others in the hard-partying cast.
An MTV spokeswoman did not immediately return messages for comment on Wednesday.
ohio, mtv, shopping, bizarre bazaar
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- Brisk And Cold
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Neighbor alerts showering woman of fire in home
- Couple files suit over Lower Twp. blast 21 min ago
- Man robbed at gunpoint in North Philadelphia
- Derailed train car blocks road in South Coatesville 16 min ago
- Arrest in stabbing of elderly man in Egg Harbor
- Arrest in deadly June shooting in West Philadelphia 23 min ago
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del. 25 min ago
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall 49 min ago
- Girl kidnapped, freed in Reading; suspect at large
- Tourist distracted by Facebook falls off pier
- Schools, daycares introduce yoga for kids
12 min ago
- Couple files suit over Lower Twp. blast
21 min ago
- Higher blood pressure threshold OK in older...
15 min ago