Abercrombie asks 'The Situation' to shop elsewhere
NEW ALBANY, Ohio (AP) - August 17, 2011 (WPVI) -- A clothing company is offering money to Mike "The Situation" Sorrentino and his fellow "Jersey Shore" cast members - so they'll stop wearing the brand on the show.
Abercrombie & Fitch Co. says in a news release posted Tuesday that it's concerned that having Sorrentino seen in its clothing could cause "significant damage" to the company's image.
Abercrombie says a connection to The Situation goes against the "aspirational nature" of its brand and may be "distressing" to customers. The Ohio-based retailer says it has offered a "substantial payment" to Sorrentino and producers of the MTV show so he'll wear something else.
The company says it also is making the offer to others in the hard-partying cast.
An MTV spokeswoman did not immediately return messages for comment on Wednesday.
ohio, mtv, shopping, bizarre bazaar
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia 55 min ago
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden 36 min ago
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- Video: Dad ditches stroller to catch baseball, son... 4 min ago
- Video: Camden H.S. wrestler wins state championship
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
55 min ago
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden
36 min ago
- Dad ditches stroller to catch baseball, son...
4 min ago
Press Your Luck
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos