Abercrombie asks 'The Situation' to shop elsewhere
NEW ALBANY, Ohio (AP) - August 17, 2011 (WPVI) -- A clothing company is offering money to Mike "The Situation" Sorrentino and his fellow "Jersey Shore" cast members - so they'll stop wearing the brand on the show.
Abercrombie & Fitch Co. says in a news release posted Tuesday that it's concerned that having Sorrentino seen in its clothing could cause "significant damage" to the company's image.
Abercrombie says a connection to The Situation goes against the "aspirational nature" of its brand and may be "distressing" to customers. The Ohio-based retailer says it has offered a "substantial payment" to Sorrentino and producers of the MTV show so he'll wear something else.
The company says it also is making the offer to others in the hard-partying cast.
An MTV spokeswoman did not immediately return messages for comment on Wednesday.
ohio, mtv, shopping, bizarre bazaar
- AccuWeather: Enjoy the Easter sunshine! 39 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Sign up for Facebook Flash
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment 17 min ago
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel 29 min ago
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard 58 min ago
- Pedestrian struck, killed by truck in Rhawnhurst
- Sex assault on West Chester University campus
- Stabbing at Hamilton Mall in Mays Landing
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Lumberton brush fire considered 'suspicious'
- AccuWeather: Enjoy the Easter sunshine!
39 min ago