Now here's a good fish story
BETHEL, Vt. (AP) - August 17, 2011 (WPVI) -- A Vermont fisherman has hooked more than a nine and a-half pound salmon.
Authorities say he also caught the tracking transmitter which had been used to tag the fish.
According to officials, the fish had been illegally caught.
Ryan McCullough says he thought the fish was a legal brown trout, not a rare Atlantic salmon.
A picture of McCullough and his fish had been published in a local paper.
The tracking device led game wardens to his freezer.
Officials say it was probably an innocent mistake.
But the fisherman now faces a possible $1,500 fine and suspension of his hunting and fishing license.
vermont, animals, wildlife preservation, bizarre bazaar
- 3 frigid days, another weekend storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- Woman killed in Germantown was Villanova prof.
- Limo driver charged in wreck that killed newlyweds
- Possible abduction caught on camera in Spring Garden
- Cab driver carjacked in South Philadelphia
- Pope Francis 'Person of the Year'; popularity surges
- Stranded family found alive in Nevada
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial
- Police: Mom was DUI in chain-reaction crash
- Photos: Pictures from the winter storm
- Photos: Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013 (Photos)