Now here's a good fish story
BETHEL, Vt. (AP) - August 17, 2011 (WPVI) -- A Vermont fisherman has hooked more than a nine and a-half pound salmon.
Authorities say he also caught the tracking transmitter which had been used to tag the fish.
According to officials, the fish had been illegally caught.
Ryan McCullough says he thought the fish was a legal brown trout, not a rare Atlantic salmon.
A picture of McCullough and his fish had been published in a local paper.
The tracking device led game wardens to his freezer.
Officials say it was probably an innocent mistake.
But the fisherman now faces a possible $1,500 fine and suspension of his hunting and fishing license.
vermont, animals, wildlife preservation, bizarre bazaar
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia 45 min ago
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden 26 min ago
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Gas leak, evacuations reported in Frankford
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- Video: Camden H.S. wrestler wins state championship
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
45 min ago
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden
26 min ago
Press Your Luck
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos