City dumps mayor for not showing up for work
SODAVILLE, Ore. (AP) - August 22, 2011 (WPVI) -- A small city in Oregon has kicked out its mayor for not showing up to work.
The Albany Democrat-Herald reports that Sodaville replaced 35-year-old Brady Harrington with the city council's president.
The newspaper says Harrington missed council meetings in June and July, along with skipping three budget meetings.
The new mayor, Nick Heineck, says Harrington was occupied as a firefighter and student, but would not commit to returning to meetings when council members reached him by phone this week.
Harrington declined to resign. He was elected to his second term as mayor in November.
oregon, bizarre bazaar
- Apartments evacuated in Bucks Co. hazmat investigation 6 min ago
- Sunny and Cooler!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- SEPTA trolley collides with taxi in West Philadelphia 27 min ago
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino 19 min ago
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ