City dumps mayor for not showing up for work
SODAVILLE, Ore. (AP) - August 22, 2011 (WPVI) -- A small city in Oregon has kicked out its mayor for not showing up to work.
The Albany Democrat-Herald reports that Sodaville replaced 35-year-old Brady Harrington with the city council's president.
The newspaper says Harrington missed council meetings in June and July, along with skipping three budget meetings.
The new mayor, Nick Heineck, says Harrington was occupied as a firefighter and student, but would not commit to returning to meetings when council members reached him by phone this week.
Harrington declined to resign. He was elected to his second term as mayor in November.
oregon, bizarre bazaar
- Mourning NJ doctor killed in murder-suicide
- Stormy to spectacular
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Paraplegic man castrated in SW Phila. attack
- Storms bring floods to the Jersey shore
- Video: Incredible footage of wrong-way bus crash
- Police: Girl used in theft at Phila. nail salon
- Tire dumping probe targets Wilmington shop
- Teacher charged again for indecent exposure
- Construction worker killed on way to job
- US: Unruly traveler had worked at State Department
- $325,000 Cash 5 ticket sold in Philadelphia
- Phillies activate Carlos Ruiz from disabled list