This should be a popular class
EUGENE, Ore. (AP) - September 7, 2011 (WPVI) -- University of Oregon freshmen are getting an early taste of alcohol -- education.
Classes don't start for a couple of weeks.
But AlcoholEdu for College is being offered to the Class of 2015 online.
Students 21 and younger are expected to take the course.
The university's Jennifer Summers tells The Eugene Register-Guard many students think binge drinking is common.
But she notes almost a-third of students don't drink at all.
She says the point of alcohol education is to help students make "well-informed decisions."
oregon, alcohol, college, bizarre bazaar
- Suspects sought in carjacking, abduction 35 min ago
- AccuWeather: Tracking a Wintry Weekend
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Pedestrian struck, killed on Broad Street
- 4 shot outside Del. club after Meek Mill performance 32 min ago
- Police: Pa. newlyweds killed man from Craigslist 13 min ago
- Cab driver shot outside Hunting Park nightclub
- Man critically injured in Camden County crash
- Teacher says he was fired because he is gay
- 2nd suspect surrenders in Christmas package theft
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports
- Pearl Harbor ceremonies marks bombing anniversary
- More of US expected to see snow, sleet, ice 22 min ago
- 4 shot outside Del. club after Meek Mill...
32 min ago