Talk about taking the plunge
MIDDLETOWN, Ohio (AP) - September 12, 2011 (WPVI) -- Here's one bride with her head in the clouds.
And the groom, too.
Newlyweds Phil and Gail Mathis said their I Do's in a plane, 7,500 feet in the air.
Then the Ohio couple took the leap -- with parachutes.
The 58-year-old groom tells the Middletown Journal he wanted to do something crazy.
He told his bride-to-be he would only get married if they went skydiving together.
The 54-year-old new bride says she enjoyed the experience, but isn't sure she'll ever want to skydive again.
ohio, marriage, weddings, bizarre bazaar
- Missing Philadelphia couple found safe
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain 6 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police try to ID mystery hit-and-run victim
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N. Phila.
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse 15 min ago
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- How to safeguard your computer against kidnappers
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Resident return to assess damage from Ewing explosion
- Video: Secret Oreo cookie recipe sold to China 40 min ago
- Photos: Wedding of cop, teacher at Flower Show
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
6 min ago