Taking graffiti to new heights
LOS ANGELES (AP) - September 20, 2011 (WPVI) -- It's tagging -- in the sky.
A Los Angeles graffiti artist is protesting the city's crackdown on tagging and street art.
The artist goes by the name of Saber.
He says he hired five pilots to sky write his messages in a cloudless sky over city hall yesterday.
One said "End Mural Moratorium," and the other, "Art Is Not A Crime."
Saber charges on his blog the city is removing public murals.
california, los angeles, graffiti, bizarre bazaar
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pedestrian struck, killed in Delaware County
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
Press Your Luck
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos