Pa. judge quotes 2 rockers in recent court ruling
HARRISBURG, Pa. (AP) - September 22, 2011 (WPVI) -- Is a Pennsylvania judge an excitable boy? A recent ruling might make you think so.
The decision by Dauphin County Judge Andrew Dowling in a landlord-tenant dispute quotes late rocker Warren Zevon's 1978 song "Lawyers, Guns and Money" - singling out the profanity-laced line "Send lawyers, guns and money, the (expletive) has hit the fan."
The Harrisburg Patriot News reports the judge said all three elements figure into the months-long battle between the Chamber of Business and Industry and a Harrisburg law firm.
The complicated back-and-forth battle includes alleged threats, armed guards and rent payments. Another arbitration hearing will happen next month.
Dowling says he wanted to end his ruling with a line from Jackson Browne's song "Lawyers in Love," but added that'll "have to wait for another day."
harrisburg, pennsylvania, music, bizarre bazaar
- Derailed train car blocking road in South Coatesville 48 min ago
- Brisk And Cold 34 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Arrest in deadly June shooting in West Philadelphia
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del. 36 min ago
- Suspects caught on camera prior to car theft
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall
- Girl kidnapped, freed in Reading; suspect at large 37 min ago
- Water main break causes river of ice in Cherry Hill 41 min ago
- On video: Burglars steal drugs in Hunting Park
- Husband charged with wife's murder in Bethlehem
- Tourist distracted by Facebook falls off pier
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies
- Brisk And Cold
34 min ago
- Raising healthy kids: Radiation exposure
19 min ago
- Truck stuck under RR overpass in Bensalem
27 min ago
- Girl kidnapped, freed in Reading; suspect...
37 min ago