Pa. judge quotes 2 rockers in recent court ruling
HARRISBURG, Pa. (AP) - September 22, 2011 (WPVI) -- Is a Pennsylvania judge an excitable boy? A recent ruling might make you think so.
The decision by Dauphin County Judge Andrew Dowling in a landlord-tenant dispute quotes late rocker Warren Zevon's 1978 song "Lawyers, Guns and Money" - singling out the profanity-laced line "Send lawyers, guns and money, the (expletive) has hit the fan."
The Harrisburg Patriot News reports the judge said all three elements figure into the months-long battle between the Chamber of Business and Industry and a Harrisburg law firm.
The complicated back-and-forth battle includes alleged threats, armed guards and rent payments. Another arbitration hearing will happen next month.
Dowling says he wanted to end his ruling with a line from Jackson Browne's song "Lawyers in Love," but added that'll "have to wait for another day."
harrisburg, pennsylvania, music, bizarre bazaar
- Former Philadelphia hero cop faces rape charges 30 min ago
- Shower In Spots 26 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Philly to Newark flight forced to make belly landing 28 min ago
- Child falls from 2-story window in Point Breeze 15 min ago
- Witnesses: Car drives into crowd at Virginia parade
- Man found shot and killed in Wynnefield
- FBI searches apartment in ricin letter case
- Suspect identified in fatal Hofstra home invasion
- Mother of 7-year-old hit-and-run victim speaks
- 1 winning Mega Millions ticket sold in New Jersey
- Police: Boy, 6, kicked by pony on Lancaster Co. farm dies
- Connecticut commuter trains collide; 70 hospitalized
- Former Philadelphia hero cop faces rape...
30 min ago
- Child falls from 2-story window in Point...
15 min ago
- Philly to Newark flight forced to make...
28 min ago
- Shower In Spots
26 min ago